Tuesday, April 26, 2011

So, I'm officially a knitter now

This past weekend I finished my first real knitting project! (I'm not counting the little neck warmer I made in my intro to knitting class, it didn't turn out too well :)  I call it Squiggle's easter sweater.  I had hoped to finish it a bit sooner, so as you'll see below it only just fits and is maybe a bit short... but nonetheless it's finished, and I think I did a decent job!




It's the boy version the sweater from Susan B. Anderson's Squares and Rectangles baby set from her Itty Bitty Nursery book.  It's all made up of super easy garter stitch squares and rectangle seamed together.  I decided I don't mind seaming but I'm not a fan of whip-stitching, which the pattern uses for some of the seams and the edges.  It's hard to make it look nice and even.

So while it is getting warmer, hopefully Squiggles will be able to wear it a few times more, otherwise it will have to wait for the next baby!

So now I must decide on my next project.  I think I'm going to try to make some sort of knit toy, or something sewn.  I'm wanting to make something for my nephew who will be visiting in a few months, and I want to make something for one Squiggle's friends 1st birthday.  But first I think I might work on my stocking knit stitch.  Ohh so much to do, and so little time!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...