Saturday, August 6, 2011

Pretty in a bonnet

I've decided bonnets are adorable on little girls.   Ever since Rae on Made by Rae posted her pattern for a Peekaboo Bonnet, I knew I had to make one.  But, since I don't have a little girl, I made one for Squiggles' little girl friends!


Her mom loves hats, and loves taking photos of her cute daughter in said hats, so it was perfect (All the photos here are ones she took!) Super cute I think!


I love Rae's patterns, and this one is no exception.  It's pretty easy to follow and super cute!  The only tricky thing was putting the piping on both sides.  The pattern calls for it only on the plan side (The bonnet is fully reversible), but explains you can add it to both side, it just requires some hand stitching, which I'm not that great at, but it works, and I do LOVE the look of the piping on the bonnet!  I think in future I might just switch it around and put the piping only on the pattern side and leave it off of the solid side.  In this case the pattern side is the prettiest anyways!

Now, who to make one for next? Well, friends of ours just had a baby girl last week!  So I'm thinking she needs a teeny tiny one!   And I just bought some pretty cute new fabric on our holidays that just might work!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I love this bonnet too. I'll join your blog if you join mine. It seams we both like similar blogs :)
    Regards, Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...