Friday, July 13, 2012

Summer Birds

I'm still here!  This pregnancy is kicking my ass pretty good, so I'm only feeling up to couch sitting in the evening.  Hence little sewing is being done sadly.

We did go on a short vacation last week though, which involved lots of sitting and with some sisterly assistance, the creation of some of Rebecca Danger's Chubby Chirps!



Aren't' they cute?  I hadn't knitted in a while, so it was nice to do it again.  I only knitting the small blue one, my sister the other two (plus the wings on mine, cause they were giving me a hard time!)  Interesting to see what a difference tension can make in a project!  I knit pretty tight, as witnessed by the fact that my blue chirp is visibly smaller than my sisters despite using the same size needles and yarn! Knitting little creatures seems to be coming a vacation tradition too.

Knitting has been my go to thing lately, as it's a sitting down activity!  I've been working away on a new sweater for little M for the fall.  And next week when we (hopefully) find out the gender of little eggplant there will be more knitting (and sewing too)!

I do have a few sewing things partially done too, and hopefully slowly I will get them finished.

For now, I'll leave you with my 18 week shot in my calendar shirt :)  Excuse the funny expression, but boy, this kid is already having dance parties in there!



1 comment:

  1. Adorable birds! I've looked at that pattern before but haven't had the time to make any. I love the blue color. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...